Saturday 8 September 2012


INTERVIEW BY PUTANGINAMOZINE

CHRONICORE ZINE
CHRONICOREZINE INTERVIEW
BY PUTANGINAMO ZINE (WWW.GRANPELIGRO.TK)

1.      YOUR NAME AND YOUR ZINE
AN2: Im the editor of chronicore zine, an2 from Zambales, Philippineshithole. My zine focuses on the d.i.y underground community of bands (punk/ crust/ hc/ grind/ gore/ brutal death/ deatmetal/ doom/ thrashmetal/ experimental/ noise/ metalcore/ sludge/ stoner/ etc. or anything in between coz I want to broaden my knowledge on various kinds of music genres, but sorry to those cheezy ones coz I really cant relate to them, sorry for my poor honest musical taste) and on political stuffs/ rants/ protests/ issues coz I fuckin hate the rotten system. Sum up the contents of my zine and my concept is not that original hehehe, its just your typical zine not available at any suking tindahan piracy and plagiarism is so damn genius haha
2. WHEN DID YOUR FIRST ISSUE COME OUT? WHAT MOTIVATED YOU?
AN2: I started the first issue on December, 2004 and released it january 2005. its 40 pages halfsized originally but Im so short of my budget so I cut it in half and released another issue a month later. I really love to think (and write my ideas afterwards) and share my views to others, so thats the real motivation on starting chronicorezine.
3. WHAT WAS THE INSPIRATION BEHIND THE NAME OF YOUR ZINE? HOW DID YOU GET IT OUT THERE> HOW MUCH DID YOU SELL IT?
AN2: I sold a few copies in the beginning it was priced 20 pesos to cover the expense but now I totally abandoned the idea of selling it. Its like this, my zine is 90% free and 10% is the percentage (I think) of those who have the urge to reprint it, so I am so grateful to whoever they are and to those people who distro chronicorezine, im indebted to you guys, apir hehehe.. and the name Chronicore was taken from I think it was a Japanese band I read in an old issue of profane existence. I ripped their name off hehe
4. HOW DID YOU PAY FOR THE FIRST ISSUE? WHAT WAS THE PRESS RUN?
AN2: I lost count of reprinted copies. I photocopy whenever somebody asks me to, so thats it
5. HOW DID YOU COME UP WITH A THEME FOR YOUR ZINE?
AN2: as I have implied earlier, my zine is just like any other zine which focuses on u.g bands, and on Political/ protests stuffs. If theres anyway I can improve it more, the better I think..
6.  WHO DID YOUR INTERVIEW ON YOUR FIRST ISSUE? HOW?
AN2: it was done by me ( it was on the third issue) thru email. It was the band CSoarse and it was and excellent interview hails to Darwin Koh and the group.
7. HOW DID YOU LAY OUT YOUR FIRST ISSUE? HAS THAT PROCESS CHANGED?
AN2: my first five issues were half sized cut and paste, traditional style. My sixth issue (april 2006) was computerized thanks to corix (my he-bitch hahaha..) for helping mo out,  I love you man heheand also to Randyl (KalawangZine) and to the other contributors, the bands I interviewed, etc, etc.
8. HOW DID YOU ROUND UP CONTRIBUTORS?
AN2: there are friends who are so much willing to contribute and lots of articles in various publications ready to be plagiarized and reprinted so thats how I round them up
9. WHAT ZINES WERE YOUR INSPIRATIONS?
AN2: theres to many mention, Ill just namedrop some: locally theres tripalium, nbzine, idp, deadreckoning , hoax conflict, etc and foreign theres sewerzine (Greece), profane existence, riotzine(uk) etc..
10.WHERE YOU PUBLISHED IN ANY OTHER ZINES BEFORE YOUR FIRST ISSUE?
AN2: yes, Im a co editor of Northrn atmosphere zine (3 issues out) it ceased to exist last 2004, alongside Randyl & Jep (dftw), and our buddy, Mcoy the zine focuses on our local Gapo/ Zambales underground Scene.
11. HOW HAVE YOUR POLICIES TOWARDS ADVERTISING AND REVIEWS CHANGED?
AN2: nothing changed man, its free I dont  charge bands/ zines for ads coz that idea sucks bigtime. Im sorry to those cheesy ones, I dont have any space for them, my zine is only open to those deserving d.i.y. ethic driven people of the underground community.
12.YOUR GOALS?
AN2: just to continue to release more issues, I guess as possible. And if I dont have any more time for it, then thats it time to stop hehe. Thanx for this  intie man .hails!!!
Chronicorezine info: http://www.myspace.com/chronicorezine

No comments:

Post a Comment