Sunday 9 September 2012



HOAXCONFLICTZINE INTERVIEW

CHRONICORE ZINE

 

Response to Chronicore zine#6 mar2006

1. A WARM SOLIDARITY GREETING FROM ZAMBALES!! HOWS LIFE TREATING YOU IN LUCENA NOWADAYS? KAMUSTA NA ANG FNB-LUCENA AT ANG ALARMA KOLEKTIVA?  HOWS THE U.G.SCENE IN YOUR PLACE?

sheryl: and a warm solidarity greeting to you too... the truth is i reside in pagbilao quezon, but I first met the punx of lucena that's why na-attached na rin ako sa kanila. it was just this later times when i am into a larger comrade on my side.... the scene is OK, there's a lot of scenesters now… I mostly don't know them, but I often see them during fnb and discussions, etc.. and any activity alarma kolektiva holds… it's just weird that some of them underestimate me right away.. or am I just paranoid.. But my instincts is often indulging me well of giving me the thought of what's apposite, maybe it's just that I don't show myself often… well I am also delighted of seeing wymin emerging in the scene, and I don't know them too… well it's just my problem.. FnB is doing great.

R. Ibarra:   Nowadays, I think, one of the primary activity that keep us all united and allocating us a sort of time seeing each other inside the circle of autonomous resistance, what I would like to put, is the food not bomb mass feeding project taking place, as usual, every Sunday afternoon at perez park town of Lucena city. Our process in FNB is almost still the same like the accustomed old. From distributing some leaflets, raising FNB's streamer, and type of free food to be distributed, there are only two particular things in common, on what I've observed and aware of, that had changed the previous scenario of conducting FNB project. These to mention are lots of new individual participants, mostly young and youth, are attending and we all the concerned individual, secondly, are holding a discussion/ open forum right after finishing the said project. My words have tendency to become hypocritical if I tell to somebody they're all there presenting themselves around in order to achieve similar ends. It seems like the stereotyped spectacle seemingly could never halt in bringing us pseudopassionist of struggle and life. I ask to accept my unacceptable term for them. Those who have and never had initiation at all. And those who attempted to experience the counter-culture like merely a recreational activity, presence of today-tomorrow where and what happened--- Representing them selves unmotivated to acknowledge the essence of doing the particular things.   I'm neither questioning nor prejudicing their integrity based on how they used to act as the participant in FNB. I'm questioning the way they act as individual. The way they make us (I believe I'm not the only one) feel the organized simple life is impossible to attain. The way they make us think it's time to act alone; to act individually without relying on communal mobilization.

"Some are bearable, but they're almost all who have no initiation for the personal approach in own lives". "We're increasing in nothing"… what my real comrade said before his untold departure. 

2. HOW WAS THE BUY NOTHING DAY 2005 IN LUCENA?

R. Ibarra:  The rest of us were in the Perez Park holding a mass feeding. I was not with some individual who had done the distribution of flyers and stickers over the specific areas where they think they can do their aim successfully. Unlike previous BND, last 2004, we decided to do such this movement safe in our part and never jeopardizing and betraying ourselves. It's since the constitutional order non-permit rally should already be considered practically.

BUY NOTHING DAY REPORT (Lucena City)
By: Pangke (a.larm.a kolektiv.a)

                Ako at ang aking mga kasama ay nagplano kung paano naming maisasagawa ang movement. Banding 6:00 ng gabi nang kami ay umatake sa mga establisyementong pananawagan namin na iboycott. Una naming pinuntahan ang mc. Donald's Lucena na taun-taon ay may kinalaman sa bilyon-bilyong pagpatay sa mga hayop; mga hayop na nakakaranas ng hindi tamang pamantayan ng pagpatay… (Dated: Oct. 16, 2005) Ang sumunod ay ang KFC na isa ring pinakamaraming pinapatay na mga hayop. 6:00 ng gabi ng kami ay sumugod. Lingid sa kaalaman ng manager, ay anim kami na pumunta  sa lugar. Nang kami ay nasa lugar na, ay una akong pumasok sa loob ng commercial building para mag-CR (kuno). Ng ako ay nasa loob na ng CR ng KFC, agad kong idinikit ang mga sticker laban sa KFC (Kentucky fried cruelty) sa likod ng pinto. Samantalang sina majimboo at ang iba ko pang kasama ay namimigay ng sticker at flyers tungkol pa rin sa kasamaan ng KFC. Pati ang service nilang motorsiklo ay tinadtad naming ng sticker. Paglabas ko ng CR ay ipinamigay ko ang natitirang sticker sa mga taong kumakain. At habang papalabas ako ay patuloy parin akong namimigay ng sticker sa mga customer na kumakain. At sila'y na shock sa nakasulat na "THE COLONE'S SECRET RECIPE; KENTUCKY FRIED CRUELTY".

                Huli na ng malaman nila na naisagawa na naming ang move. Ako, si majimboo, at iba pa naming kasama ay nakalayo na bago pa nila malaman na kami ay nakapagsagawa na ng movement laban sa kanila…

               
3. WHOSE CONCEPT WAS HOAX CONFLICT'S LATEST ISSUE (#3)? I WAS AWED IN AMAZEMENT UPON HOLDING A COPY OF IT...

sheryl: we've talked about it many times... planned and collaborated all our concepts and the result is the issue no. 3… and it is super delayed (the release).... and we've consumed most of our times into planning and waiting and planning and waiting… I hope it's not crappy… I dunno if it has a big difference between the last 2 issues… maybe because there is no band interview, or just about the cover…

R. Ibarra:  It's just a matter of decision to put some proof of how we used to spend our 24hours everyday and make them a part of the contentment of hoax conflict zine.  If you want to know the truth, we find a sort of gratification reading and watching any crappy things that could somehow captivate our unfocused attention and day-dreaming mind… Books that have something to say and movies that have something to show…sort of that…Aside from never-mind-music, these are undeniably also part of our everyday life. So the result is, they appeared in the third issue…enjoy or ignore…hehehe

4. I DO HOPE THIS IS NOT A STUPID QUESTION, ARE YOU GUYS ANARCHISTS?
AND IF SO, WHAT MAKES YOU ONE? NOPE IM NOT QUESTIONING YOUR INTEGRITY, JUST MERELY ASKING...

sheryl: i can't say i am an anarchist, but i have this shud i say anarchist beliefs, i cannot claim anything as of now for i don't live a 100% life of my own... be it the life that i want or just merely living... i am still in this grave of dependency and dream independency, and i dunno if it'll upheave my individuality, yet I think it will... I put things into practice but never did I knew that no one understands me in the mainstream world.. I just hate hierarchy, and this life I owe.

R. Ibarra:  I'm still under the process of differentiating myself, my act as human being accepting unarguably and honestly the offered life of hierarchical systems, from my thought--- the way I seek and concur for unacknowledged ideas and concepts in this world apart. Haven't and have something to do with anarchism, I seek pleasure, often than normal, in things others had only been ignored and isolated away from the so-called latest mode of mainstream society. I'm not wondering if I still feel alone despite the intensified presence of known people around my life. This is the way I think…The way I consider the external happiness as shallow and have no basis for permanency…The ilk of socialization that could save no one from nightmare of human's depression. Although, sometimes, I failed to act as I wanted, but I never think as who I am not and what my desires aren't… I can't claim being a total anarchist because I don't want it to do. I think of anarchy, for the reason that it's my desire, but I never think I'm an anarchist.

                Never as I remember I've heard nor proved that myself disclaiming on what I believe in. I've personal perspective about it. To categorize the authenticity of behavior and let it be based on the standardization of misinterpreted concepts are like laughing at your own mistakes. And be depressed and insulted when somebody imitated the sound and rhythm of your laugh.  Staying and dwelling in a particular land where, if not almost, all the acquired and learned personal approach in life are totally impossible to apply could never make an individual free from the masses' unreasonable criticism  by mere an illusion of self-denial against the concepts, in reality, his personality had evolved. The banality of wonderfulness of hearing from the others who you're in society is not pleasing compliment at all. It just means misjudging the identity without any word of defense from the affected. It's stupid to rely that aside from yourself, there's one more who can identify and claim your instinct exactly to what you ever know. I can identify and claim who I really am. What my life is and when I feel it's truly in my hands. I believe no one can do it appropriately but me. When I said I'm not considering myself on what others expected me to consider, like promoting and dreaming for anarchy while ironically disclaiming not an anarchist at all, my intention is not to save my self from assaulting comments and criticism. I don't really want to call it that way using the category of others. Why intending to deny myself if I'm fully aware no one can tell its instinct…does no hypocrisy ever think of it…


4. DO YOU REALLY THINK THAT A RADIKAL CONCEPT LIKE ANARCHISM WOULD SEE US THROUGH THE LIGHT OF DAY?? TEKA, TAMA BA TANONG KO, HAHAHA...BAHALA KA NA...

R. Ibarra:  I remember someone asked me if I agree about the concept of anarchy. What I said is, "of course I do". The reason is only one. It's because I have my own approach how to apply it in life. I won't become sick and tired saying a million times the absurdities of following all the theories and concepts. If it's against your will, even they tackle a real freedom, they will become anti-freedom.

                I only choose in the concept of anarchy what I think my personality could gain an additional growth. Never have I forced myself, just out of perfection and meeting criteria, to embrace those that destroy me as a being. Through this approach, I can say a particular concept is deserved to be a source of, what you called, "the light of day" or "a life with hope and happiness". One of the concepts of anarchy, hope I'm not mistaken, which I bore in my mind, is obeying your desire. Those brains behind the anarchism' ideologies had only pointed out what are the systems that disenfranchise individual to follow the cited desires. Let's put as an instance is the school. It suppresses the student to act and behave in contradiction to its rules and regulations. Anarchism justifies it as a barrier in life; One of the factors to be considered in freeing yourself. Anarchism only informs the relationship of school with you. It does never tell you to go or not go to school either. In other words, its only aim is to awaken you from hierarchical disillusionment. The decision is still up to you, up to your desire, if you will go to school and never agree to unschooling the world perspective. It's about following your will; following your passion; your reason. And I think that is the ever pleasing moment one's, I wish, could have.

                Only the acceptable is reasonable to accept…and only the applicable is reasonable to apply…through it, I believe, one can be enabling to see the light of own day…

sheryl: there are communities which has no government.... there are societies especially in the midst of deserts (e.g. sahara) that has no hierarchical beliefs but they are harmoniously living their lives their "way" version.
      (this may sound familiar) reflecting on your circled friends without any leader and having fun at all in any activity and still enjoying individuality... that could be anarchy... just the love...      like any other ideas in this world everything is flagged... this is moral this is immoral whatsoever... they set standards... anarchy is chaotic... despise it!!!...       and everything's a work... study for work for money for food... but all's just in our hands its been there ever since and now everything has a value...      misconceptions to this idea is then given to us that's why we might defy the thought...      just imagine a life without anyone controlling it, without anything pushing our buttons for gluttons... It may sound too utopian… but when will we start this fire?

5. IN YOUR ARTICLE "BITE AT BACK" (HC#1) YOU NAMED NAMES, AND A SOMEWHAT OBSCURE STORY, WELL WHAT WAS IT? DONT YOU THINK WE AS ZINE READERS HAVE THE RIGHT TO KNOW? ISNT IT SELFISH ON YOUR PART TO NOT DIVULGE THE REAL STORY BEHIND IT, AND JUST LEFT US ALL INTRIGUED? YOU NAMED YOUR ASSHOLE, WHY HIDE THE PICTURE???
                 
R. Ibarra:  When I found out the d-i-y journal called "fanzine", amazement of liberated creativity was the first thing that came up in my mind. I almost couldn't believe how the thing like this is feasible for us who have not any educational background in writing literature to publish crap stuffs of your own. Not shameful to admit if I had had a sense of jamais vu before.  I just appreciated it as an implication of it's not that the provided privilege necessary, it's the right, a right an individual possesses, for ones to be creative. My appreciation of having it in our chosen counter-culture society had crossed the line section of having a voice, a sort of voice only mind can hear because of its being silent, to speak out my feelings. What's inside of me and how I react to my environment seemingly had never been derived a space for d-i-y publication. I viewed it as a way to express and share my feelings. D-i-y publication/fanzine means, for me, liberated communication and expression of feelings.

                The article "BITE AT BACK" from the first issue of hoax conflict was purely a feedback of hatred feelings. It's an idea of majority here, which was categorized "new emerged punks", even it's written only by one hand. It's our initial and stable negative reaction against the sordid gossip and unwished criticism to our behavior and physical appearances. And the intention of publishing it is more on voicing out our assaulted side, to tell the involved individual we didn't like what he had done, than anything the readers could possibly conclude. It's a total unintentional if its approach became confusing for some, especially for those who have no idea about the issue. The article do neither divulge nor hiding anything. Naming the asshole or making the tiny hole such a big damage was done not for centralizing our part in the limelight of hardcore/punk community's attention. I can also be specific that it's done not to deface someone else; fucking them off by any means of self-caricaturing.  It's done to somehow express our feelings. If the objective for communication didn't meet by and left us all intrigued, what I already cited earlier, it's only unintentional.


6. CAN YOU TELL US THAT INCIDENT IN LUCENA WHERE POLICEMEN BARGED IN WHILE ALARMA KOLEKTIVA WAS HAVING A "PATCH SESSION"?

R. Ibarra:  I don't know the whole story of it. I was not that fully propitious to witness the scenario in actual event. It's said, according to the unverified bypass, while some local individual here were busy doing a patch session, inside the house of our comrade, one person came in, wondering, acting like constitutional policeman of town, with curiosity in mind,  what the hell was happening. He squinted inside and had misinterpreted the scenario. He's not a policeman but rather a family friend resident of our comrades. And it ended up in "I thought"  "I thought" "I thought" "I thought" words. 

7. WHAT DO YOU THINK ARE THE MISCONCEPTIONS ABOUT ANARCHISM?

Sheryl:  that it will only bring chaos... or it has something to do with books written by a brainy someone etc.. that anarchism should be feared, that anarchism is a fashion.... that circled A is impossible... more often than it is believed.

R. Ibarra:  When you say anarchy, in mainstream societies manipulated by government forces/authorities and conditioned by religious beliefs, you say chaos and total distraction of human's lives. When you say anarchy, in underground communities overfed by principles, theories, and ideologies, you say hypocrisy and pretension. As if anarchy means total impossibility. On one side, it's imprisoned by negativity (hierarchy). And on the other it's being strangled by over passivity (the ideal act of being an ideal anarchist). 

When you talk about anarchy, you talk about distraction and hypocrisy.

8. WOULD YOU SUPPORT ANARCHO-COMMUNISM?

sheryl: i am particular that i am still dumb about any type of society... when people act the same way without any selfish ideas on their heads maybe its utopia... and euphoria………. but nature is what we are; selfishness and love..it is then when we love our lives and this life's the time when we forget that we are selfish and that we aint exist only for ourselves... just treat everyone equally, don't let others underestimate what you are and what you can do, especially what you should be… and if we know ourselves we can definitely achieve these things. Know oneself, and live your life w/o any motivated-driven stupidity.

R. Ibarra:  In reality, it's unarguably to say we're all interconnected and interdependent. Even one could function alone, still, he would have needed the role of another in delighting the particular concern. I intend (may be it would be more accurate to say "I dream viewing my life") to view my life living in one community free from any repression, competition, corruption and deception. It's a type of community where all the resident do participating as a humyn being to the fulfillment of better life of all living things around; a community with no any sign of  injustice and inequality. And where autonomy is only the thing reigned. It's anarcho in some aspects; in some approach particularly. No power manipulation and wealth accumulation…where the cognitive abilities of one individual would not be based on educational attainment and socio-economic status. It's too utopia…

                I do support anarcho-communism if it's similar to the simplicity of life I'm dreaming for. And I do also promote individuality if it helps me to survive alone in this world of living. As the old saying goes "no humyn is in island" can be accurate, it can also be accurate that "in mind and heart, humyn is indeed in island surviving alone".


9. I DONT WANT TO SOUND LIKE A SITUATIONIST, BUT WHAT ARE YOUR VIEWS ABOUT OUR COUNTRY"S PRESENT ECONOMIC AND POLITICAL CONDITION?

sheryl: the fact that i don't wanna watch or read news anymore, is the fact that if i did it will only kill me... but i can't help it… and the news can't help but reach my nerves... so all I have is this small idea and small hands to mold anything contradictory to the false certainty we are living…people mock, people scrutinize, people always talk… and this is what I say… shut up… renasci!!! I am not hopeless, is the only phrase that could bestow hope… though it's hard to destroy the roots… little by little we could be regenerating the death of this place we sometimes spurn.... just love these things you step into… start also to form thoughts of our own….
      The sickening death of our less fortunate friends in wowowee, is a sign of frustrations, yet also a sign of selfishness and the dying heart due to a hungry stomach… go on and blame somebody for this, maybe it could make us full… the never ending inflation… the never ending manipulation… the never ending passion for blood money… but we have all the right to choose…
      This country as they might write is P"hell"ippines… we could be the demons of this land… this is where we live, and what we are for now, whatever we could be is because we are here…we experience existence in here, though sometimes sad… all I am up to is start solidarity of your own.. whatever they call it.. could be charity whatsoever… this distressing fact of our situation will eat us all if we drown ourselves more to scrutiny than making our moves.
R. Ibarra:  I can't now remember when is the exact time I withdrew myself from the rotten socio-economic and political issues of  p"hell"ippines' government. To paraphrase what Sheryl had said, "Wherever you are the news can't help but reach the sensory nerves". My decision of withdrawal doesn't imply of agreement or loss of concern. It's just for freeing my self, my brain, from uselessness of endless dilemmas. For the main reason that even the phenomenon of news altered every moment, the topics are still caring and talking similar ends. That's a craving for power manipulation and accumulation of wealth. Every political leader, both the administration and opposition, are claiming they are the right one who can handle and manage the worsening to death in living of all Filipino people. The coup de' etat, destabilization plan, state of emergency, election fraud, presidential impeachment and corruption are the banal spectacle of our country. Those are seemed  like traditional shrewd propagandas to solve the high rate of unemployment, inflation, livelihood scarcity, wide poverty and starvation, economic declination, medical health inaccessibility, calamities disaster and, mostly, disillusionment of our country. Making the living here as bad as maybe.

                Using the Mother Nature as resources for economical progression makes this land a damned paradise of depression. As this country's categorized, literally, "sit on a pot of gold", have great quantities in natural and metallic mineral resources. Illegal and indiscriminate logging, and mining, for the purpose of agriculture and economic stabilization lead to deforestation and environmental degradation. Natural disasters are only fantasy. What had happened to the previous land and mudslide incidents in three provinces, the Real and Infanta Quezon, and in, recently, Leyte, are never the result of natural soil erosion precipitated by non subsiding rain.  And like skin diseases epidemically experiencing by susceptible residents somewhere in albay where there's an on going "mining" corporation, out of logical thought, it's so unreasonable to blame only the virus of disease itself; To treat only the affected organs and invader microorganism without extermination of specific source. It's really frustrating to hear a call for fair distribution of natural resources without any aspect of a call for change. Intellectual rational being as what they called for them selves. The over manipulation of natural environment is very rampant prevailing nearly around without a little bit natural respect.

                Politically, as I'm aware of, from 1984 misnomer people's power revolution, still, we have a pseudodemocracy. No actual and real participation of people as a part not a branch of society have occurred in p"hell"ippines' history. False unity; The usual spectacle in every corner of road whereby center of attention…The ordinary masses as puppet voicing out their pathetic life by means of entrusting the political power for someone known only by name… And the law forces who are being dictated to suppress and hit those aforementioned puppet out of responsibilities…the feelings against the responsibilities…I have difficulty to swallow these all.

10. THE OLD ROOTS ARE STILL THINKIN' WE'RE PARTS OF THEIR TREE.. WHAT'S YOUR COMMENT ON THIS?

R. Ibarra:  I came up with this passage "the old roots are still thinking we're parts of their tree" as my response against the absurdities of flow of old school's minds. This is based on discrepancy between the needs for unjust respect and oppressive gratitude they're conjuring in the name of underground community. I know you're also aware of it. The experimented style and passion of new generation, new follower of instinct, are nothing but a rotten thing and fashion for them the so-called original and real underground creators. They intend to put negativism over zeitgeist and called us "a fashion individual who goes to malls and buy some revolutionary outpit; sort of nothing but a hypocrite imitator".

                The past, its role, as significant substance for the configuration of tomorrow is irrefutable. It deserves to be not ignored by present time. The past's uncounted sacrifices and unmeasured efforts. Like music, when it's already aired across the present breeze, it'd echo toward and until the day it's still obtaining an appreciation from ambience. What I mean is, if the things had happened, even they've been falsified by, they're already inerasable from the fact of events. If one can deny, no one can change them.    But to let your self inferior to the past, like what the past obviously wanted, is like oppressing your personality to grow. It's another fundamental of respect through looking up with depth of gratitude. As if you're only a fruits and they are the roots and tree. On who you're today has something to do with who they had been yesterday.



11. WHAT WAS YOUR INITIAL REACTION WHEN THAT "UNGRATEFUL SELF-SERVING BASTARD", W/C WAS SO WE THOUGHT WAS YOUR ALLY SUDDENLY STARTED A SMEAR CAMPAIGN TO DISCREDIT YOU GUYS?

Sheryl: what's on my mind? …(for the ungrateful self-serving bastard, if so he/she is) thanx for the compliment, besides if we're not that good enough, why waste time on us…. Is that a concern or something?

R. Ibarra:  Is that a concern or something!?                            


12. CAN YOU GIVE ME YOUR OPINION ON THIS, I CAME UPON THIS QUESTIONS UPON READING AN INTERESTING ARTICLE...

R. Ibarra:  As I cited earlier, I support anarchy because I know how to apply it in life according to my own approach. If some concepts of it are threatening my being, suppressing my will, I just ignore them without so much comment.

                As far as my self is aware, as we're doing food not bomb, we're neither promoting any passivity nor campaigning any type of leadership… to make a voluntary social decision, as participants of community, never as a citizen of country, is a total self-reliance. Attesting to the people that we, despite the so-called poor social status, can organize and solve social problem without relying on government is already an encouragement of self-determination.
               

A. FOODNOTBOMBS IS NOT ANARCHIST IN ORIGIN, BUT RATHER AN ACTIVIST PROJECT.ALMOST ALL TEND TO REMAIN DEPENDENT UPON THE CHARITY OF BUSINESSES TO SUPPLY THEM WITH FOOD..FNB LIKE EVERY OTHER CHARITY ENCOURAGES ITS BENEFICIARIES TO REMAIN PASSIVE RECEPIENTS RATHER THAN BECOMING ACTIVE CREATORS OF THEIR OWN LIVES.

sheryl: I don't support Fnb for anarchism, and I don't give a damn care if it is not anarchist in origin… and what is wrong with it being an activist project?.... We… I guess, is not doing the FnB to supply food only for those street kids and hungry scavengers, beggars whatsoever… it is for all, and for us as well… I don't think we anyhow teach them to be dependent…. But let's just face the fact that there are a lotta hungry souls all over the place… I, also don't think these persons we've shared a spoon w/ are stupid enough not to know what they should do… yeah they'll have this subconscious decision to be forever dependent to FnB, but they are not only a bunch of 10 yo kids wandering, they are individuals foreseeing their futures' light, it's just that the world is not being open.

B. CHARITY MUST BE RECOGNIZED FOR WHAT IT IS, ANOTHER ASPECT OF THE INSTITUTIONALIZE INHERENT IN OUR ECONOMIZED EXISTENCE, WHICH MUST BE DESTROYED SO WE CAN TRULY LIVE...

Sheryl: how can we live if we are not in a stable situation…? as long as the world isn't fair, there'll be no better life for us… I guess, this charity, could be an exemplary act of accepting that this is the world's routine, like that cheesy term "gulong ng palad"…a dorky philosophy… yeah it could be… so what are we to do? What will happen to those already brain-dead and who already lost their strings to hold on? Just let them be left out and move on…? don't despise charity but use it as the key to moving on till there'll be no ones needing it… a very long struggle for this… (sorry if I am so flawed… )


C. PROGRAMS LIKE FNB DO NOT GENERALLY EXPRESS EMPATHY, THEY EXPRESS PITY. DOLING OU FOOD IS NOT SHARING; IT IS AN IMPERSONAL, HEIRARCHICAL RELATIONSHIP BETWEEN SOCIAL ROLE "DONOR" AND SOCIAL ROLE "BENEFICIARY"...

sheryl: we are individuals without anything on our pockets….we just like any other street urchin possess a hungry stomach...
what would you do if you see a hungry friend and you have a piece of bread?
it's just as simple as that.. it's not merely giving them food but it's sharing the hunger with them and filling up this lack both of us got...
facing what should be faced... empathy or pity... whatever its called... another word... another definition... i just dunno... but fnb here is not the usual donor-beneficiary thing.


D. THERE IS NOTHING ANARCHIST ABOUT FNB----EVEN THE NAME IS A DEMAND BEING MADE TO THE AUTHORITIES, THIS IS WHY ITS ORGANIZERS SO FREQUENTLY USE CIVIL DISOBEDIENCE..IT IS AN ATTEMPT TO APPEAL TO THE CONSCIENCES OF THOSE IN POWER, TO GET THEM TO FEED AND HOUSE THE POOR.. THERE IS NOTHING IN THIS PROGRAM THAT ENCOURAGES SELF-DETERMINATION...

Sheryl: as I've said, I believe in anarchism, but I don't support fnb for this belief I got, I don't claim that fnb is done by anarchist… and what's wrong with civil disobedience… what's the big deal with self-determination, this too will come out of us until we understand this ground we're stepping into…, self determination which may indulge people to work for survival, for me is like just going with the flow of this humanity that I don't actually go for, cuz i don't think we still have to work… work stresses people, work kills people, work makes people sad and hungry as well… this world is rich enough that all could be sufficed… let's just break this barriers between who's rich or who's poor, if we junk every numbers on our faces, if we erase all values of this or that, if we deface authority or just make em obsolete… we won't have any problem arguing with this matter.

13. DONT SET RULES FOR OTHERS TO FOLLOW RIGHT? DONT GET ME WRONG BUT WHY ARE WE ENCOURAGING THE "COUNTER-CULTURE" THING TO THE NEW GENERATION PUNKS WHEN ALL IT WOULD DO IS EXCLUDE THEM FROM SOCIETY? ITS FUNNY HOW ONE CAN ACHIEVE A SOCIAL DEATH STATUS BY EXCLUDING HIS SELF FROM THE REST, AND HIS WORLD STAND STILLS, ONLY TO EVOLVE IN A TINY FRACTION OF HIS PUNK PEERS, WHICH OF COURSE HE WOULD SEE AS HIS ONLY TRUE COMPANIONS...

sheryl: tell me where to put myself, should I suffer a culture inculcated to us by our pasts? Theories in Psychology stated that if we are deviants we have personality disorder prone to being neurotic or psychotic… and maybe I do have personality disorder.. yeah maybe we deviate ourselves from the society, but would you be joining the society you abhor? Counter-culture became effective to me, but it doesn't even mean a thing to me whether I am living it all my days, sometimes I cannot help, just like a defense mechanism, to be a hypocrite to follow norms cuz this is reality… YET whatever we are who ever we're with there will still be ideas on our heads that we could only share to those with open minds… encouraging this thought is by a little means changing the society… a goal which is but close to impossible if I am that pessimistic, but still can happen… I dunno but I am happy being with this species of human race… I'd rather be in solitary than torture myself to experiencing all my life as a hypocrite… it's bliss for me excluding myself from this society, it is part of the protest… just like asking an activist doing rally all her life until she died w/o this light… all thing's not an overnight…

R. Ibarra: If there's a most pathetic form of life, so to say, that's not being proud of the things your life has been keeping by at the surface of living.      Is it getting a new brand of car or latest model of motorcycle either? Is it earning a lot of money, and then accumulate it for personal sake; for personal convenience!? Counting all chicks you have been fucked off once and for all? Changing your girls like clothes in order to meet the social standard of machonizmo!? Is it going to mall much of the time!? Eat in every multi-national fast food chains!? Follow what multi-medias tell you to do!? Is it letting your environment to fall into total annihilation alone!? Eat for your own satisfaction without a little consideration!? Being shame with your physical appearance because the social standards of beauty are unreachable!? Being a fan not a creative creator of desire? Etc…All of these have I never been called life. I see no happiness from them. If these are the reality where the majority joined together to dwell over, I'd rather to be alone than to adopt, just out of fear of social isolation, the thing even in my dream I never wish to attain . And I'm proud of disgusting them.  And I prove it via sharing my way of life with the other who searches an alternative.

                It's a matter of promoting alternative life and culture not setting another rule to follow. The encouragement of counter-culture approach doesn't mean elimination of personal choice.  



14. LETS FACE THE FACT THAT A LOT OF PEOPLE ARE SO NAIVE, DO YOU THINK WE SHOULD REACH OUT TO THEM NOT AS "MERE SATANIC FORCES"???BESIDES, MTV AND A LOT OF BUSINESS CROOKS FROM RECTO HAS CAPITALIZED ON THE PUNK LOOK.ITS MORE OF A FASHION THING NOWADAYS..THE ESSENTIAL ASPECT OF THE D.I.Y. PUNK ETHIC THROUGH THIS PAST YEARS DIED..DO YOU THINK WE SHOULD GO FORWARD, NOT BACKWARDS???

R. Ibarra:  I know these words "mere satanic forces" and where these came from. I've also watched the documentary news in abs-cbn station entitled "punk's not dead" by jay taruc and been able to hear it from unknown old man. The way the punk dress, according to his personal opinion, means the end of the world. Apocalypses as I remember he calls it. And the punk who sprawl "themselves" beside the road, doing iskab "out of will" inside fast food chain, spiking their "own" hair, are deservedly called satanic force.

                It's a waste of time to consider all the prejudices around. Why giving an ample time just inserting your reasons inside the close-minds if you know the situation from the very beginning. If you know your voice is inaudible and your reason is unacceptable for those socially conditioned. Launching a battle of debate could not free us from them. But, still, there's a way out to escape. That is, stop doing what you don't want to do and start doing what you want to do.

The D.I.Y ethics and scenes would never ever be dying, anyway. Though, we can totally feel its death as we withdraw ourselves from it.  The person who claims the dying is the one who was dead. They no longer have passion to hold the belief it still exists.

Sheryl: I don't know about this term satanic force you say? But it is a sad fact, that all's just for the sake of fashion, just for the trend etc… I admit I was once just like them, I can tell you that… the past that I am still finding ways to express my thoughts and what I am through what I wear, maybe it all started there… but I am still here… and what's happening now is different, let's just count the days until they all realize who they really were until, just like me, grasping the truth of this life they want… what are we to do but just let them be until they lose these numbers… wtf move on!!! Opkors ;-)

15. ANY FUTURE PROJECTS, GIGS, ACTIVITIES, ETC..?

R. Ibarra:  I think there's only one thing heretofore. It's continuing what the things we naturally believe in. And a big "NO" to finishing what we have had started before… just out of commitment, yet, against the will anymore…


16. SHOUT-OUTS?

Sheryl: I'm sorry for being schizophrenic!!

R. Ibarra:  Somebody free me from my severe ANXIETY…I'm scared not to see people dying, but, to see the bereaved one crying…and I feel helpless for that…I feel so helpless, if you want to know the truth…I feel so helpless…HOSPITAL SEMENTERY…no medicine is available for those who can't afford…

17. THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THIS INTERVIEW..IM LOOKING FORWARD IN STOPPING BY AT LUCENA, AGAIN, IN THE FUTURE..SEE YOU SOON!!! PEACE..

R. Ibarra:  Aside from conducting an interview and allocating us a space from your zine, I would also like to thank you for giving us time to answer all the provided questions without putting sort of pressure against the time. We did appreciate it, especially me, I was the last "crappiest" living thing who able to answer them…thanks a lot…

                In the future see you soonit's possible if no one changed his way…

Sheryl: thank you too… more power to your zin

EMAIL HOAXCONFLICT AT iskavenger@lycos.com

No comments:

Post a Comment